Monday, October 17, 2022
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
901 Congress Avenue | Austin, TX 78701
Online | Livestream
Security along America’s southern border has been in a tailspin since January of 2021. Republican leaders say with the election of a new Congress, they are coming to the rescue. How would Republican control of Congress change the situation? Just what is their plan? Join with TPPF’s Joshua Treviño as he welcomes Congressman Michael McCaul, Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and a panel of veteran experts in a discussion of the anticipated GOP congressional majority’s border security agenda, with a focus on Mexico and foreign policy in the region.
Complimentary lunch will be provided for in-person attendees, and you are also welcome to tune in online via livestream.
- Joshua Treviño (Moderator) – Chief of Intelligence and Research, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- The Honorable Michael McCaul (Panelist) – United States Congressman (TX-10); Ranking Member, House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Tom Homan (Panelist) – Visiting Fellow, Heritage Foundation; Former Acting ICE Director
- Rodney Scott (Panelist) – Distinguished Senior Fellow for Border Security, Texas Public Policy Foundation; Retired Border Patrol Chief
- 11:30AM-12PM – Guest Check-In + Lunch (in-person only)
- 12PM-1PM – Event Program + Audience Q&A (in-person & online)
The livestream can be viewed Monday, 10/17 at 12PM CT via the following links. Watch via YouTube to submit your questions during the live Q&A.
Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
- Metered parking – pay per minute/hour Congress Avenue – 9th Street and surrounding streets
- Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes -176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
- Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour – 206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701
*There are two RSVP Options: 1) In-Person (TPPF Theater), and 2) Virtual (Livestream). When you RSVP, you will receive more event information and a reminder before the event.