Tuesday, June 8, 2021
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
901 Congress, Avenue
Austin, TX 78701
The president gives the State of The Union, the governor gives the State of the State, and we give you the State of the Taxpayer. What did your state lawmakers change during the legislative session, and what will it mean for you as a Texas taxpayer?
Join the Texas Public Policy Foundation in your city as our experts offer a non-partisan update and straight forward answers to your most pressing questions. Come learn what changes to expect and how they will affect you and your neighbors. We’ll also discuss the work ahead to keep Texas free, prosperous, and filled with opportunity.
A complimentary lunch will be provided for in-person attendees.* The State of the Taxpayer Tour is sponsored by the Lone Star Legacy Society.
- The Honorable Chuck DeVore (Emcee & Speaker) – Vice President of National Initiatives, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Derek Cohen, Ph.D.(Speaker) – Vice President of Policy, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Brian Phillips (Speaker) – Chief Communications Officer, Texas Public Policy Foundation
*There are two RSVP options for this event: 1) TPPF Theater (in-person) or 2) Livestream (online). When you RSVP, you will receive more information on how to attend in-person or tune in online, plus a reminder before our event and access to the video if you’re unable to watch in real time or want to share it with friends and neighbors.
Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
1) Metered parking – pay per minute/hour
Congress Avenue, 9th Street, and surrounding streets
2) Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes
176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
3) Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour
206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701