Thursday, August 13, 2020
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Universities and colleges face tough financial challenges as more students opt for high-quality and cost-competitive programs, especially during the COVID crisis. What is the state’s role in addressing budget shortfalls? What benefits should Texas industries, businesses, and taxpayers expect in return?
- Tom Lindsay, Ph.D. (Moderator) – Distinguished Senior Fellow of Higher Education & Constitutional Studies, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Prof. Larry Bell (Introduction) – Senior Visiting Scholar, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Senator Paul Bettencourt (Panelist) – Texas State Senator, District 7, West Harris County
- Harrison Keller, Ph.D. (Panelist) – Commissioner of Higher Education, State of Texas
- Steven Johnson, Ph.D. (Panelist) – President, Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas
When you RSVP, you will receive more information on how to tune in, a reminder when our experts are live, plus access to the video if you’re unable to watch in real time or want to share it with friends and neighbors.
The livestream can be viewed Tuesday, August 13th at 3PM CST via the following links. Watch via YouTube to submit your questions during the live Q&A.