Thursday, August 13th | 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Universities and colleges face tough financial challenges as more students opt for high-quality and cost-competitive programs, especially during the COVID crisis. What is the state’s role in addressing budget shortfalls? What benefits should Texas industries, businesses, and taxpayers expect in return?
- Tom Lindsay, Ph.D. (Moderator) – Distinguished Senior Fellow of Higher Education & Constitutional Studies, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Prof. Larry Bell (Introduction) – Senior Visiting Scholar, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Senator Paul Bettencourt (Panelist) – Texas State Senator, District 7, West Harris County
- Harrison Keller, Ph.D. (Panelist) – Commissioner of Higher Education, State of Texas
- Steven Johnson, Ph.D. (Panelist) – President, Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas