Thursday, July 14, 2022
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
901 Congress Avenue | Austin, TX 78701
Online via Livestream
Our children are our most precious resource. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that we ensure that they are raised in a safe, loving environment and that any government involvement is tailored to be maximally effective while simultaneously minimally disruptive. Join us as TPPF’s Andrew Brown hosts a wide-ranging discussion on topics impacting our state’s child welfare system, including community-based care, system transformation, children without placement, and strategies for strengthening families. Andrew will be joined by Jaime Masters, the Commissioner of the Department of Family and Protective Services, who will bring her perspective on the current state of the Texas foster care system and ongoing reform efforts.
Complimentary lunch will be provided for in-person attendees. You are also welcome to tune in to the event online via livestream.
- Andrew Brown, J.D. (Moderator) – Associate Vice President of Policy, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Jaime Masters, MS (Guest) – Commissioner, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- 11:30AM-12PM – Guest Check-In and Lunch (in-person only)
- 12-1PM – Event Program/Livestream (in-person and online)
The livestream can be viewed Thursday, 7/14 at 12PM CT via the following links:
Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
- Metered parking – pay per minute/hour Congress Avenue – 9th Street and surrounding streets
- Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
- Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour – 206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701
*There are two RSVP Options: 1) In-Person (TPPF Theater), and 2) Virtual (Livestream). When you RSVP, you will receive more event information and a reminder before the event.