Thursday, March 17, 2022
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
901 Congress Ave | Austin, TX 78701
Online | Livestream
A new investigation shows that Harris County commissioners receive big campaign donations from executives at firms that are routinely awarded no-bid contracts worth millions of dollars. Join TPPF’s local government expert James Quintero, along with Texas State Senator Paul Bettencourt and Houston Chronicle reporter Zach Despart, for an in-depth discussion of these new revelations and what good governance means.
- James Quintero (Moderator) – Policy Director, Government for the People, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- The Honorable Paul Bettencourt (Panelist) – Texas State Senator (TX-7)
- Zach Despart (Panelist) – Reporter, Houston Chronicle
- 11:30AM-12PM – Guest Check-In and Lunch (in-person only)
- 12-1PM – Panel Discussion + Audience Q&A (in-person and online)
The livestream can be viewed Thursday, 3/17 at 12PM CT via the following links. Watch via YouTube to submit your questions during the live Q&A.
Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
- Metered parking – pay per minute/hour Congress Avenue – 9th Street and surrounding streets
- Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
- Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour – 206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701
*There are two RSVP Options: 1) In-Person (TPPF Theater), and 2) Virtual (Livestream). When you RSVP, you will receive more event information and a reminder before the event.