Thursday, April 28, 2022
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
12900 Mount Olympus
Universal City, TX 78148
Over the last two years, Texas education has been rocked by school closures and interrupted learning. As a result, 60% of kids are behind and almost none of them are catching up. Parents are frustrated by their lack of ability to control what’s happening to their children and North San Antonio area parents know this feeling all too well. But San Antonio is also unique in the number of bright spots: many schools are offering a great education and path to success where none previously existed.
So, what is the Texas Public Policy Foundation doing to help?
We’re bringing you the Parent Empowerment Tour. Join the Texas Public Policy Foundation, Convention of States, and Heritage Action in Universal City for a town hall conversation on these key questions: What are the unique challenges in San Antonio and surrounding areas? How are families and visionary school leaders rising to meet these challenges? And what should the Texas Legislature do to improve access to great schools?
A complimentary lunch will be provided for in-person attendees.
- Rafa Bejar (Moderator) – Director of Outreach, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Cecilia Davis (Panelist) – Chief Innovation Officer, Judson ISD
- Andrew Freeman (Panelist) – Executive Director, BASIS Texas Charter Schools, Inc.
- Kurtis Indorf (Panelist) – Chief Innovation Officer, Great Hearts America
- Michael Pinkston (Panelist) – Superintendent, The Christian School at Castle Hills