Thursday, March 10, 2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
901 Congress Ave | Austin, TX 78701
You’re Invited: “Created Equal: Clarence Thomas in His Own Words” Movie Screening + Live Commentary
All eyes are on President Joe Biden’s new nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court—because every new justice seated on the High Court makes history. Join TPPF General Counsel Robert Henneke, and the Federalist Societies of both the University of Texas and Austin, for a screening of the Justice Clarence Thomas documentary, “Created Equal: Clarence Thomas in His Own Words,” as well as a discussion with The Honorable Don Willett and one of Justice Thomas’ former clerks, Patrick O’Daniel. Complimentary drinks and appetizers will be provided.
- The Honorable Rob Henneke (Remarks) – Executive Director and General Counsel, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- The Honorable Don Willett (Moderator) – Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; Justice, Supreme Court of Texas 2005-2017
- Patrick O’Daniel (Guest) – Partner, Norton Rose Fullbright US LLP; Former Clerk, US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas
- 6-6:30PM – Guest Check-In + Complimentary Reception
- 6:30-7PM – Discussion + Audience Q&A
- 7-9PM – “Created Equal” Movie Screening
In this film, Justice Thomas tells his life’s story chronologically, in great detail. Unscripted and without narration, the documentary takes the viewer through this complex and often painful life, dealing with race, faith, power, jurisprudence, and personal resilience. Click here to learn more and watch the trailer.
*Please note this is a co-sponsored event and your RSVP information may be shared with our partner organization. When you RSVP, you will receive more event information and a reminder before the event.