Wednesday, April 24, 2019
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Midland Bible Church
5900 Whitman Drive
Midland, TX 79705
Did you know?:
- Children in CPS’s legacy system are 19 times more likely to die than children in the general population.
- One in 20 child deaths by abuse and neglect since 2010 happened while the child was in CPS Custody.
- Foster children in the CPS legacy system experience Post-traumatic stress disorder at twice the rate of Iraqi War veterans.
Please join the Midland LLC* for lunch on April 24th as our panel of experts discuss modern solutions to the issues facing our foster care system. Get firsthand knowledge about what the Texas Legislature is doing (or not doing!), hear the experiences of actual foster parents, and learn what you can do to help make sure every Texas child is healthy and safe.
- Cristian Garcia, One Accord for Kids
- Matt Waller, The Attic Foster Network
- Tyler West, Foster parent and advocate
- Andrew Brown (moderator), Texas Public Policy Foundation
Complimentary lunch will be served.
*Liberty Leadership Council events are open to young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40 looking to get involved in conservative public policy. Click here for more information.