How Woke Makes Us Broke: Book Talk with Author Vivek Ramaswamy
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
901 Congress Avenue | Austin, TX 78701
Online via Livestream
There’s a new invisible force at work in our economic and cultural lives. It affects every advertisement we see and every product we buy, from our morning coffee to a new pair of shoes. “Stakeholder capitalism” makes rosy promises of a better, more diverse, environmentally friendly world, but in reality, this ideology championed by America’s business and political leaders robs us of our money, our voice, and our identity.
This modern ESG-industrial complex divides us as a people. By mixing morality with consumerism, America’s elites prey on our innermost insecurities about who we really are. They sell us cheap social causes and skin-deep identities to satisfy our hunger for a cause and our search for meaning, at a moment when we as Americans lack both.
Join us for a presentation by “Woke, Inc.” author Vivek Ramaswamy as he discusses these issues further. Vivek also plans to speak to our guests about a better way forward, a journey that begins with cynicism and ends with hope.
Complimentary drinks and light appetizers will be provided for in-person attendees. You are also welcome to tune in to the event online via livestream.
- Greg Sindelar (Moderator) – Chief Executive Officer, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Honorable Glenn Hegar (Opening Remarks) – Texas Comptroller
- Vivek Ramaswamy (Speaker) – Author, Woke, Inc.
- 5:30-6 PM – Cocktail Reception + Guest Registration (in-person)
- 6-7 PM – Event Program + Livestream (in-person and online)
The livestream can be viewed Wednesday, 7/27 at 6PM CT via the following links. Watch via YouTube to submit your questions during the live Q&A.
Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
- Metered parking – pay per minute/hour Congress Avenue – 9th Street and surrounding streets
- Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
- Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour – 206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701