Wednesday, July 13, 2022
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
901 Congress Avenue | Austin, TX 78701
Online via Livestream
Historically, communism has been a toxic substance that destroys all that is good in what it touches. The regimes of Lenin, Stalin, and later Soviet party leaders sought to destroy what they could not control, namely the arts: music, dancing, poetry, and writing. At the same time, they dabbled in biowarfare, dabblings which led to potentially devastating outbreaks of deadly diseases and poisons. Communist China is following suit – however, they’ve lept from potential danger to real danger, as the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic proved. Join TPPF’s Chuck DeVore and the authors of “The Dancer and the Devil: Stalin, Pavlova, and the Road to the Great Pandemic,” John O’Neill and Sarah Wynne, as they discuss their book, which tackles the failings of communism, the dangers of communist bioweapons research, and more.
Complimentary lunch will be provided for in-person attendees, and a book sale and signing will be hosted by the authors following the program. You are also welcome to tune in to the event online via livestream.
- The Honorable Chuck DeVore (Moderator) – Chief National Initiatives Officer, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- John O’Neill (Panelist) – Author, “The Dancer and the Devil: Stalin, Pavlova, and the Road to the Great Pandemic”
- Sarah Wynne (Panelist) – Author, “The Dancer and the Devil: Stalin, Pavlova, and the Road to the Great Pandemic”
- 11:30AM-12PM – Guest Check-In and Lunch (in-person only)
- 12-1PM – Event Program/Livestream + Audience Q&A (in-person and online)
- 1-1:30PM – Book Sale + Signing with the Authors (in-person only)
The livestream can be viewed Wednesday, 7/13 at 12PM CT via the following links. Watch via YouTube to submit your questions during the live Q&A.
Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
- Metered parking – pay per minute/hour Congress Avenue – 9th Street and surrounding streets
- Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
- Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour – 206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701
TO RSVP: Click on the “REGISTER” button above and enter the password TPPF-DANCER*
*There are two RSVP Options: 1) In-Person (TPPF Theater), and 2) Virtual (Livestream). When you RSVP, you will receive more event information and a reminder before the event.