Thursday, October 1, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Texas’ historically black colleges and universities have been especially hard-hit from the pandemic. How have HBCUs in Texas pivoted in response to COVID-19? What can Texas do to help these institutions? Hear from the leaders of some of these schools as they share their experience and the outlook for the future.
- Richard Johnson, Ed.D. (Moderator) – Director, Booker T. Washington Initiative, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Prof. Larry Bell (Introduction) – Senior Visiting Scholar, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Dr. Adena Loston – President, St. Philip’s College
- Kenneth Huewitt – Interim President, Texas Southern University
- Dr. Glenell Lee-Pruitt – Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Jarvis Christian College
When you RSVP, you will receive more information on how to tune in, a reminder when our experts are live, plus access to the video if you’re unable to watch in real time or want to share it with friends and neighbors.
The livestream can be viewed Thursday, October 1st at 12PM CDT via the following links. Watch via YouTube to submit your questions during the live Q&A.