Thursday, October 1, 2020
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CDT
Texas’ historically black colleges and universities have been especially hard-hit from the pandemic. How have HBCUs in Texas pivoted in response to COVID-19? What can Texas do to help these institutions? Hear from the leaders of some of these schools as they share their experience and the outlook for the future.
- Richard Johnson, Ed.D. (Moderator) – Director, Booker T. Washington Initiative, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Prof. Larry Bell (Introduction) – Senior Visiting Scholar, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Dr. Adena Loston – President, St. Philip’s College
- Kenneth Huewitt – Interim President, Texas Southern University
- Dr. Glenell Lee-Pruitt – Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Jarvis Christian College