by LISA LINOWES
Jul 12, 2018
“Wind farms” are sprawling power plants that create a unique set of effects for nearby residents. Noise, shadow flicker, safety setback distances, aesthetics and property value loss are the effects of greatest concern.
- “Wind farms” are sprawling power plants that create a unique set of effects, including noise, shadow flicker, safety setback distances, aesthetics and property value loss, for nearby residents.
- The impacts of Texas wind projects on birds could have far-reaching effects for some species.
- There is growing concern that decommissioning provisions found in private land lease agreements are insufficient to protect the public from abandoned turbines.
- The state of Texas took an important first step with passage of SB 277 in rolling back wind subsidies, eliminating Chapters 312 and 313 tax benefits for wind farms sited within 25 nautical miles of a military installation with flight operations.
- 2018 06 RR TexasWindPowerStoryPart2 ACEE LisaLinowes by texaspolicy on Scribd