Vance Ginn, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Economic Prosperity & Senior Economist
Vance Ginn, Ph.D., is director of the Center for Economic Prosperity and senior economist at the Texas Public Policy Foundation, one of the nation’s premier free market think tanks.
Dr. Ginn is a leading free market economist and former university lecturer who was honored with the “Champion of Freedom” award from Grassroots America—We The People. He is passionate about securing freedom so people prosper in Texas and beyond. This includes conducting sound research on the benefits of relieving people from excessive government spending, taxes, and regulations.
He is a first generation college graduate, and earned his doctorate in economics from Texas Tech University. He gives keynote speeches, appears in major media outlets, publishes papers in top-ranked academic journals, conducts policy research on critical issues, and works to turn papers into policy.
- Contributor: Washington Examiner and The Hill
- Television & Radio Interviews: Tipping Point on One America News, Greg Corombos Radio America, Made in America, KLBJ,KEYE, KTRH, KXAN, Jacki Daily Show, The Jim Bohannon Show, Tim Constantine’s Capitol Hill Show, WOAI, Capital Tonight, John Gibson Radio, WMAL, Money Talk 1690, Raging Elephants Radio, What’s Up Radio Program, KCOL-Fox News Colorado, and more.
- Commentaries & Mentions: FoxNews.com,Washington Post, Investor’s Business Daily, The Hill, Forbes, Washington Examiner, Real Clear Energy, Real Clear Policy, Austin American-Statesman, Breitbart Texas,Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, Midland Reporter-Telegram, Morning Consult, Orange County Register, San Antonio Express-News, McAllen Monitor, Texas Tribune, Tyler Morning Telegraph, Your Houston News, and more.
- Texas’ Economic, Labor Market, and Fiscal Situation (updated monthly)
- Do Institutions Matter for Prosperity in Texas and Beyond?
- Abolishing the “Robin Hood” School Property Tax
- Occupational Licensing: Keeping People Poor
- People Prosper from Trade: NAFTA and Texas
- Does a Carbon Tax Support Prosperity?
- Economic Effects of Eliminating Texas’ Business Margin Tax
- Texas School Finance: Basics and Reform
- The Freedom to Own Property: Reforming Texas’ Local Property Tax
- Texas Medicaid Reform Model: A Patient-Centered, Market-Based Approach
- Social Science Research Network
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation