AUSTIN – The Texas Public Policy Foundation and its allies in the Conservative Texas Budget Coalition will hold a press conference Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 9:30 a.m. CST in the Lieutenant Governor’s Press Room at the State Capitol. Members from the Coalition will call on the 84th Texas Legislature to cap the growth rate of the total 2016-17 budget at no more than 6.5% (current estimate would be $217.1 billion) based on population growth plus inflation for the last two fiscal years, eliminate the state’s costly business margin tax, and highlight other priorities to build on the success of the Texas model.
- Talmadge Heflin, Director, Center for Fiscal Policy, TPPF
- Vance Ginn, Economist, Center for Fiscal Policy, TPPF
- Will Newton, Texas Executive Director, National Federation of Independent Business
- Mike Hasson, State Director, Americans for Prosperity – Texas
- Michael Q. Sullivan, President & CEO, Texans for Fiscal Responsibility
- Josiah Neeley, Senior Fellow & Texas Director, R Street Institute
WHAT: Press Conference on the Conservative Texas Budget
WHEN: Thursday, February 5, 2015
9:30 a.m. Central Time
WHERE: Lt. Governor’s Press Room (Room 2E.9)
Texas State Capitol
A Q&A time will be provided.
Vance Ginn, Ph.D. is an Economist in the Center for Fiscal Policy at the Texas Public Policy Foundation.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, free-market research institute based in Austin, Texas.