AUSTIN – The Texas Public Policy Foundation’s annual Policy Orientation brings together the most influential thought leaders and policymakers for the premier policy gathering highlighting national, state, and local issues.
This year, the conversations fostered during Policy Orientation are even more vital as they come at a time when we must face new challenges, embrace new opportunities, and set a course for public policy that will last generations.
Press credentials are still available for in-person or virtual attendance.
Here’s what’s on the agenda for today:
Friday, January 21, 2022
7:30 AM Registration Opens
8:00-9:15 AM Keynote Breakfast: TPPF’s Richard Johnson, ED.D and Carol Swain, PH.D., and special guest Jack Brewer: Infinite Hope: Facing the Challenges of Modern America
9:30-10:30 AM Keynote Address By Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick
11:00 AM-12:15 PM Concurrent Panels V
Passion into Action: A Bootcamp for Activists
We’ll discuss effective strategies to becoming a more effective activist in the fight to keep Texas Texan.
- Jerome Greener – Executive Vice President, Texas Public Policy Foundation (MODERATOR)
- Tamara Colbert – Co-Founder, Grassroots Gold
- Paul Hodson – Co-Founder, Grassroots Gold
Home Economics: Reducing the Burden on Overtaxed Texans
Texans will never know the peace of mind that comes with owning their own homes until Texas eliminates property taxes. Join our discussion on how to bring real relief to overtaxed Texans.
- James Quintero – Policy Director, Government for the People, Texas Public Policy Foundation (MODERATOR)
- Glenn Hamer – President and CEO, Texas Association of Business
- Vance Ginn, Ph.D. – Chief Economist, TPPF
- Kelly Haight – Director of Operations, Eyetopia, Inc
More Blackouts? What Texas Needs to Do to Fix the Grid
The aftermath of Winter Storm Uri is still the top issue among energy regulators across the country and certainly in Texas. After years of warnings about overinvestment in unreliable generation and underinvestment in reliability, what are Texas and other states doing to improve reliability in a cost-effective manner and mitigate the impact of aggressive policies from D.C.?
- Mike Nasi (MODERATOR) – Senior Advisor, Life:Powered, Texas Public Policy Foundation; Partner, Jackson Walker LLP
- Peter Lake – Chairman, Public Utility Commission
- Dan Hunter – Assistant Commissioner, Texas Department of Agriculture
12:30-1:45 PM Closing Keynote Lunch With Senator John Cornyn and Senator Ted Cruz
1:45 to 1:55 pm Press Gaggle With Senator John Cornyn and Senator Ted Cruz
Learn more about Policy Orientation and view the full agenda at PolicyOrientation.com.
Click here to register for Policy Orientation as a member of the media.