AUSTIN – The Texas Public Policy Foundation will host a media conference-call briefingTOMORROW, Wednesday, November 12, at 10:00 a.m. Central Time to discuss the Texas’ 2014-15 state spending trends, which show the state is likely to exceed its constitutional spending limit unless reasonable steps are taken. Busting Texas’ 2014-15 spending limit would raise the cost of funding state government and burden Texas families in the process.
- Talmadge Heflin, Director, Center for Fiscal Policy, TPPF
- Vance Ginn, Economist, Center for Fiscal Policy, TPPF
- Peggy Venable, Senior States Policy Advisor & Texas Policy Director, Americans for Prosperity Foundation
- Patrick Gleason, Director of State Affairs, Americans for Tax Reform
- Josiah Neeley, Senior Fellow & Texas Director, R Street Institute
- Cathie Adams, President, Texas Eagle Forum
- Gil Robinson, State Director, Our America Initiative
|WHAT:||Conference call on busting Texas' 2014-15 spending limit|
|WHEN:||TOMORROW, Wednesday, November 12, 2014|
|10:00 a.m. Central Time|
|WHERE:||Telephone press briefing|
|1 (877) 615-4339|
|1 (847) 944-7326|
|Passcode: 6848 109#|
A Q&A time will be provided.
The Honorable Talmadge Heflin is Director of the Center for Fiscal Policy at the Texas Public Policy Foundation.
Vance Ginn, Ph.D. is an Economist in the Center for Fiscal Policy at the Texas Public Policy Foundation.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, free-market research institute based in Austin, Texas.