Pastors for Parent Empowerment SummitDecember 15, 2021 Subscribe on Youtube
Texas Federation for Children Growth Fund, Texas Public Policy Foundation and Clergy United 4 Change have united to launch the Pastors for Parent Empowerment Summit.
Parents and parishioners are demanding more opportunities for their children to access a high-quality education. This demand by parents to have a say in where their children attend school and what they are being taught needs to be addressed. As Pastors, we seek to ensure that every child has access to an education that meets their needs – particularly low-income and minority children in our communities. As a clergy member, thought mentor and community leader, you can lead the way to a better education, stronger families and a more fulfilling life for your congregation.
Join us, along with our distinguished speakers from local and national leadership organizations to learn how you can empower parents and communities to serve families and Christ at the Pastors for Parent Empowerment Summit.
Confirmed Guest Speakers:
– Rev. Dr. Joe Connelly, Esq. – Director, Action Empowerment, Inc. & Clergy United 4 Change
– Corey DeAngelis – National Director of Research, American Federation for Children. Adjunct Scholar at Cato Institute. Executive Director at Educational Freedom Institute. Senior Fellow at Reason Foundation; Forbes Magazine, 30 Under 30.
– Representative Harold Dutton, Jr. (HD-142) – Chairman, House Public Education Committee
– John Eriksen, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, The Drexel Fund
– Scott Jensen – American Federation for Children Senior Advisor
– Dr. Richard Johnson – Director, Texas Public Policy Foundation’s Booker T. Washington Initiative
– Denisha Merriweather – Founder, Black Minds Matter; Director of Public Relations and Content Marketing, American Federation for Children