Tuesday, September 20, 2022
10:30 am – 12:00 pm CT
Parental empowerment ensures that parents, and their children, are able to make the best educational choices for their future. This fight is the big fight of our generation – if we lose here, then our children will be condemned to failing schools with a narrative that denies their free will and destroys their ability overcome challenging circumstances. American Enterprise Institute (AEI) Senior Fellow Ian Rowe has seen this time and time again – he led charter schools in the South Bronx of New York City and has held senior posts at various foundations and the White House. In his book, “Agency,” he argues for the need of the revitalization of Family, Religion, Education, and Entrepreneurship (F.R.E.E.) as the solution to this vitally important problem.
Join the Texas Public Policy Foundation and AEI as we discuss Rowe’s book, the future of education in Texas, and the path forward for all Americans. Complimentary lunch will be provided for in-person attendees after the discussion. You’re also welcome to join the event online via livestream.
- Richard Johnson, Ed.D. (Moderator) – Director, Booker T. Washington Initiative, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Ian Rowe (Panelist) – Senior Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
- Carol Swain, Ph.D. (Panelist) – Distinguished Senior Fellow for Constitutional Studies, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- 10:30-11AM – Guest Check-In and Lunch (in-person only)
- 11AM-12PM – Event Program/Livestream + Audience Q&A (in-person and online)