* Texas’ electric markets have helped to lower overall prices without government intervention, and have led to increased investment in our electrical infrastructure.
* Disgorgement powers granted by HB 2133, passed in 2011, threaten the health of Texas’ electrical markets.
* No evidence exists of the existence of any market power abuse or similar anti-competitive behavior in the Texas power market.
* Disgorgement is a solution in search of a problem.
* Repeal the provisions added by HB 2133 that allow for the PUC to exercise disgorgement authority.