The Texas Public Policy Foundation seeks to hire multiple Policy Scholars to conduct and disseminate high-quality research to lawmakers and the public. This role engages the entirety of the Foundation’s work: we therefore seek accomplished generalists who understand research methodology and credibility across domains. The ideal candidate for this role is inquisitive and entrepreneurial, with a demonstrated track record of achievement in multiple spheres.
The Policy Scholars will form a corps of informed and effective individuals within the Foundation, tasked with tackling projects on an as-needed basis. They will be called upon to work with peers across the Foundation, so personal and professional flexibility are musts.
- Conduct original research on variety of public policy issues
- Produce high quality scholarship, with the aim of academic publication
- Educate lawmakers and members of the public on Foundation research
- Provide formal testimony to local, state, and federal entities
- Take advantage of both internal and external ongoing development opportunities
- Represent the Foundation in media as required
- Two or more years of experience in policy-related research
- Record of authoring academic peer-reviewed articles
- Strong research and writing abilities
- Strong quantitative-analysis skillset
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references to:
Jennifer Carter, Director of Talent and Culture
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who takes the position. The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation