Next Generation Texas seeks to empower individuals and families to pursue lifelong learning. When students have the opportunity find the best context and pathway in which to develop their unique talents, they thrive. Next Generation Texas believes that:
- Educational systems improve when they are student-centered
- Student outcomes improve when they have multiple pathways to success
- Students’ best educational options are available when there are market signals and competitive discipline.
- Transparency is necessary to help students and parents make informed decisions.
- Communities thrive when individuals can creatively pursue their callings
- American democracy depends on the civic literacy of its citizens. Restoring a founding-document-based curriculum through K-16 is essential.
Objection! Law schools can be hazardous to students’ financial healthHigher Education October 13, 2020
New Research Finds 73% of Law School Programs Fail Debt-to-Earnings TestHigher Education October 13, 2020
The K-12 Education Opportunity Covid-19 Has Given UsK-12 Education October 12, 2020
“The Summer Civics Institute was an amazing class. I learned so much about our democracy and the ability to teach it in a way that our students can really understand.”
2021 Summer Civics Institute
Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Innovation in Education
Andrew Gillen, Ph.D.
Legislative Fellow, Next Generation Texas
Director, Booker T. Washington Initiative
Dr. Richard A. Johnson III
Distinguished Senior Fellow of Higher Education & Constitutional Studies
Thomas Lindsay, Ph.D.
Senior Campaign Director, Next Generation Texas
Deputy Campaign Manager, Next Generation Texas
Policy Director, Next Generation Texas
Policy Analyst, Next Generation Texas
Erin Davis Valdez