Next Generation Texas seeks to empower individuals and families to pursue lifelong learning. When students have the opportunity find the best context and pathway in which to develop their unique talents, they thrive. Next Generation Texas believes that:
- Educational systems improve when they are student-centered
- Student outcomes improve when they have multiple pathways to success
- Students’ best educational options are available when there are market signals and competitive discipline.
- Transparency is necessary to help students and parents make informed decisions.
- Communities thrive when individuals can creatively pursue their callings
- American democracy depends on the civic literacy of its citizens. Restoring a founding-document-based curriculum through K-16 is essential.
2021 Summer Civics Institute
TPPF: Hispanic Prosperity Initiative Advances School ChoiceK-12 Education July 9, 2020
Promising Approaches to Workforce Development in TexasHigher Education July 9, 2020
Workforce Development Can Improve LivesHigher Education July 9, 2020
“The Summer Civics Institute was an amazing class. I learned so much about our democracy and the ability to teach it in a way that our students can really understand.”
Senior Campaign Director, Next Generation Texas
Policy Director, Next Generation Texas
Distinguished Senior Fellow of Higher Education & Constitutional Studies
Thomas Lindsay, Ph.D.
Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Innovation in Education
Andrew Gillen, Ph.D.
Policy Analyst, Center for Innovation in Education and Right on Work
Erin Davis Valdez
Director, Booker T. Washington Initiative
Dr. Richard A. Johnson III
Civics Education Project Manager