Vance Ginn, Ph.D., is director of the Center for Economic Prosperity and senior economist at the Texas Public Policy Foundation, one of the nation’s premier free-market think tanks.
Dr. Ginn is a leading free-market economist and former university lecturer who was honored with the “Champion of Freedom” award from Grassroots America—We The People. He is passionate about finding ways to let people prosper in Texas and beyond through sound research on the benefits of restraining government spending, cutting and ending taxes, and eliminating government barriers to competition.
He is a first-generation college graduate and earned his doctorate in economics from Texas Tech University. He gives keynote speeches, appears in major media outlets, publishes papers in top-ranked academic journals, writes policy research on critical issues, and works to turn papers into policy.
Dr. Ginn and his family reside in Round Rock, Texas. He is a drummer who played for a top rock band in Houston. Follow him on Twitter @VanceGinn.
- Television & Radio Interviews: One America News Network, Greg Corombos Radio America, Made in America, KEYE, KTRH, KXAN, Jacki Daily Show, The Jim Bohannon Show, Tim Constantine’s Capitol Hill Show, WOAI, Capital Tonight, John Gibson Radio, WBAL, Money Talk 1690, Raging Elephants Radio, What’s Up Radio Program, KCOL-Fox News Colorado, and more.
- Commentaries & Mentions: FoxNews.com, Washington Post, Investor’s Business Daily, The Hill, Forbes, Washington Examiner, Real Clear Energy, Real Clear Policy, Austin American-Statesman, Breitbart Texas, Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, Midland Reporter-Telegram, Morning Consult, Orange County Register, San Antonio Express-News, McAllen Monitor, Texas Tribune, Tyler Morning Telegraph, Your Houston News, and more.
- Texas’ Economic, Labor Market, and Fiscal Situation updated monthly
- Abolishing the “Robin Hood” School Property Tax
- People Prosper from Trade: NAFTA and Texas
- Does a Carbon Tax Support Prosperity?
- Texas Model Supports Miraculous Economic Prosperity
- Economic Effects of Eliminating Texas’ Business Margin Tax
- Texas School Finance: Basics and Reform
- The Freedom to Own Property: Reforming Texas’ Local Property Tax
- Texas Medicaid Reform Model: A Patient-Centered, Market-Based Approach
- Social Science Research Network