Thursday, August 12, 2021
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
Joe B. Hogsett Theater
901 Congress Avenue, Austin, Texas 78701
There are two RSVP options for this event: 1) TPPF Theater (in-person) or 2) Livestream (online).
Government spending to address homelessness has increased significantly, but so has the number of people struggling with homelessness across the country, and in Austin in particular where street homelessness is up 93% over 2016. This situation raises many questions, like how much federal, state, and local monies have Austin-area governments received? What did they spend it on? And what’s been the return on investment? Join our panel of experts to get answers to these important questions and learn more about Austin’s approach to homelessness. Complimentary lunch will be provided to in-person attendees.
- Terri Gruca (Emcee) – KVUE
- Judge Bill Gravell Jr. (Speaker) – Judge, Williamson County
- Michael Searle (Speaker) – Executive Director, Austin Civic Fund
- Michele Steeb (Speaker) – Senior Fellow, Texas Public Policy Foundation
There are two RSVP options for this event: 1) TPPF Theater (in-person) or 2) Livestream (online). When you RSVP, you will receive more information on how to attend in-person or tune in online, plus a reminder before our event and access to the video if you’re unable to watch in real time or want to share it with friends and neighbors.
The livestream can be viewed Thursday, August 12th at 11:30AM CT via the following links. Watch via YouTube to submit your questions during the live Q&A.
PARKING INFORMATION: Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
1) Metered parking – pay per minute/hour Congress Avenue – 9th Street and surrounding streets
2) Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
3) Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour – 206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701