* Education is still primarily delivered through an assembly line institutional system designed over a century ago.
* Many school administrators oppose expansion of student and teacher choice due to self-interest.
* Educators are professionals who are not given the same opportunities as other professionals.
* Many great teachers leave the profession with frustration.
* According to NEA polls, teachers are not feeling trusted or respected by their administrators.
* Restricting supply side change has protected the status quo at the expense of Texas students, taxpayers, and teachers.
* Artificial restrictions on the number of Open Enrollment Charter Schools prohibit many students from exercising their freedom of educational opportunity. Over 100,000 children are on charter school waiting lists.
* Amend the charter school laws to allow teachers to form Professional Charter Academies, giving them the respect that they have requested.
* Implement Universal Charters so that every Texas student has the option to select a better school.
* Remove the artificial cap limiting the number of Open Enrollment Charter Schools and otherwise allow for supply side change.
* Lower the restrictions on charters to allow market forces to shape standards.