Applications are still being accepted for 2022 for Texas Public Policy Foundation’s fourth annual Summer Civics Institute! We will be hosting groups of qualified teachers during the weeks of June 6-10 and June 13-17 at TPPF Headquarters in Austin Texas and at the University of Dallas in Irving Texas for the week of June 20-24.
Teachers from across our great nation will participate in a week-long classroom session that hopes to enhance understanding of the fundamental political, intellectual, and moral principles that informed the construction of the American founding.
This highly competitive, TEA-approved Summer Civics Institute class will provide teachers with 30 hours of professional development during a one-week period this summer. The classes will be taught by Dr. Matthew Post from the University of Dallas and will take place in Austin and in Dallas.
- will be reimbursed for their travel to and from the Summer Civics Institute;
- will have their hotel room covered by TPPF on the Monday-Friday of class week;
- will have their breakfast and lunch provided by TPPF during their stay;
- will receive a $500 stipend;
- will receive 30 classroom contact hours for professional development (TEA-approved).
Please direct any questions to [email protected].