Despite the need for healthcare being as an inescapable as the need for water, many Texans don’t know how to take agency in our healthcare system. As healthcare continues to become unnecessarily complex, many of us have resorted to putting off the hassle of dealing with healthcare until we simply cannot. And in the hour of our health emergencies, the issues we face become catastrophic. Between, broken markets, government overreach, doctor shortages, price transparency, and hospital consolidation, it’s difficult for patients and health professionals, to identify the underlying forces exacerbating the astronomical medical bills and rising costs our healthcare system has become infamous for.
Luckily, we have an all-star expert panel that can assist in making sense of the seemingly unsensible; And most importantly lay out the solutions we as Texans can hash out in preparation for the next legislative session. We warmly invite you to join us for a crash course in healthcare policy, where our panel will explain the background behind our most pressing Texas healthcare issues. Featuring a panel of healthcare experts, this event will give you everything you need to know about healthcare in Texas.
- Tanner Aliff (Moderator) – Director, Right on Healthcare, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- David Balat – Healthcare Executive & Consultant; Former Policy Director, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Michael Cannon – Director of Health Policy Studies, Cato Institute
- The Honorable James Frank – Texas State Representative (TX-69)
- Charles Miller – Senior Policy Advisor, Texas 2036