The Crisis of the House Never United explores a highly probable early history of the United States, one in which ratification of the Constitution failed and the loosely bound states broke apart in a divorce, some 60 years before the Civil War, though for largely different reasons. It is with Shays’ Rebellion that the Crisis of the House Never United charts an alternate path for American history through the eyes of Aaron Burr, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and a rich cast of supporting characters trying to make their way in tumultuous times, navigating rebellion, resentment, and foreign intrigue.
Join us as we host a book talk with TPPF’s Chuck DeVore on his recent book, Crisis of the House Never United.
This event will be hosted at TPPF in Austin. Complimentary lunch will be provided for in-person attendees.
- Joshua Treviño (Moderator) – Chief of Intelligence and Research, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- The Honorable Chuck DeVore – Author, Crisis of the House Never United; Chief National Initiatives Officer, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- 11:30AM – 12:00PM | Guest Check-In and Lunch
- 12:00PM – 1:00PM | Event Program + Audience Q&A
- 1:00PM – 1:30PM | Book Sale + Signing (cash or credit card | $25 hard cover, $15 soft cover)