Today at the Texas Capitol, the Conservative Texas Budget Coalition announced its top priorities including limiting any spending growth to population growth plus inflation. For the 2020-21 budget year that would be an all funds appropriation of $234.1 billion.
Other budget priorities include: approve conservative spending limits, provide local property tax relief, abolish the business margins tax, adopt a tax relief fund, and secure budget transparency and accountability.
Coalition Press Conference Speakers:
- Talmadge Heflin, Director of the Center for Fiscal Policy, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Senator Donna Campbell, Texas Senator
- Vance Ginn, Senior Economist & Director of the Center for Economic Prosperity, TPPF
- Sam Sheetz, Policy Director, Americans for Prosperity – Texas
- Doug McCullough, Director, Lone Star Policy Institute
- Jennifer Quillin, Financial Director, Young Conservatives of Texas
- Len Gilroy, Director of Government Reform, Reason Foundation
- Gil Robinson, Texas Director, Our America Initiative