* Texas is one of nine states without an income tax.
* Income taxes damage a state’s economy more than any other tax because they disincentivize savings, investment, productivity, job creation, and economic expansion.
* Short-term revenue gains from a new personal income tax are outweighed by the long-term economic damage the tax creates.
* The nine states without an income tax outperformed the nine states with the highest marginal income tax rates in nearly every key economic indicator from 2001 to 2011.
* In addition, the nine states without an income tax also outperformed the national economy.
* Never create a personal income tax in Texas.
* Encourage economic growth by keeping taxes low and adopting pro-growth reforms.