Wednesday, October 19, 2022
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Texas Public Policy Foundation
901 Congress Avenue | Austin, TX 78701
Online | Livestream
Obtaining records of what your government is doing is a vital part of ensuring accountability and increasing transparency. The Texas Public Policy Foundation is joining with the Austin Federalist Society and the Goldwater Institute to host a primer on this under-utilized part of the public records process. Join us as we go over what exactly the Texas Public Information Act (PIA) is, how to put together an effective PIA request, and the process and procedures for submitting and receiving records under the PIA.
Complimentary lunch will be provided for in-person attendees, and you are also welcome to tune in online via livestream.
MCLE Accreditation is available for attending this event, and details will be provided following your registration.
- The Honorable Robert Henneke (Moderator) – Executive Director and General Counsel, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Jon Riches (Panelist) – Vice President for Litigation and General Counsel, Goldwater Institute
- The Honorable Tamara Smith (Panelist) – Assistant Attorney General of Texas
- 11:30AM-12PM – Guest Check-In and Lunch (in-person only)
- 12M-1PM – Event Program/Livestream + Audience Q&A (in-person & online)
The livestream can be viewed Wednesday, 10/19 at 12PM CT via the following links. Watch via YouTube to submit your questions during the live Q&A.
Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
- Metered parking – pay per minute/hour Congress Avenue – 9th Street and surrounding streets
- Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes -176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
- Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour – 206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701
*There are two RSVP Options: 1) In-Person (TPPF Theater), and 2) Virtual (Livestream). When you RSVP, you will receive more event information and a reminder before the event.