* Teachers now earn less than they could due to the monopsony power districts have over the labor force. Additional competition for teachers’ services will positively impact teacher pay.
* Studies indicate that where school choice has been implemented public schools have improved. Additionally, school choice will offset public schools’ enrollment growth.
* The purpose of the education clause in the Texas Constitution is the preservation of the liberties and rights of the people.
* School choice has the potential to save taxpayers billions while at the same time providing superior educational opportunities to Texas students.
* At present, Texas has very few policies that encourage competition and efficiency in its public schools.
* With passage of either the Taxpayer Savings Grant or Taxpayer Savings Credit the financial effect on a public school will be exactly the same as if a student moves out of the district.
* Assure that every Texas child can choose schools that best meet that individual child’s needs.
* Maximize parental freedom and educational opportunity for all Texas students.
* Enact the Taxpayer Savings Grant Program.
* Enact the Taxpayer Savings Credit Program.