The Web Writer and Social Media Manager will be responsible for assisting the deputy director and policy experts for our national Right on Crime campaign. The Web Writer and Social Media Manager will create and coordinate written content for the Right on Crime Outside the Cell blog, editorials, and for other projects. This person will also manage and maintain the campaign’s website, social media outreach, and perform other administrative duties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily social media engagement, and cultivation of criminal justice beat especially on Twitter
- Daily writing on criminal justice issues at Right-on-Crime blog
- Posting articles, video, audio, news hits and commentaries to website
- General maintenance and administration of website
- Tracking and reporting of online analytics
- Administration of email lists
- Email newsletter management
- Drafting of press releases, media advisories, and other writing tasks
- Media tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or pre-law preferred
- Work experience in Mass Communications and content generation a plus
- Multimedia skills
- Must be self-directed, goal oriented, and able to manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Intermediate to Expert knowledge with Microsoft Office, including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and be well-organized
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to Gina Van Dyke at email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation