The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a dynamic, liberty-minded individual with exceptional interpersonal, research, quantitative, verbal-and-written communication skills to serve as Senior Economist.
This staff member will be responsible for developing goals and a research agenda, conducting high-quality research to increase economic opportunity in Texas and the nation. They will publish in-depth research in a way that is accessible and educational for legislators, legislative staff, the public, and other interested groups. The candidate will be expected to formulate policy recommendations for officeholders, especially in the Texas Legislature, and work with those officeholders to see them through the legislative process. They will also be expected to liaise with media outlets to communicate their work.
- Conducting and supervising high-quality research based on free-market economic principles in conjunction with the Foundation’s other researchers to increase economic prosperity in Texas and elsewhere.
- Publishing in-depth economic research in an easy-to-understand way that educates and influences legislators, legislative staff, the public, and other interested groups.
- Collaborating with academics and policy groups in Texas and nationwide.
- Examining legislation to determine whether it will support or hinder economic prosperity.
- Effectively communicating the effects of policy change both in Texas and across the nation.
- Operating in cross-functioning teams spanning various policy topics.
- An advanced degree in Economics with a thorough understanding of Econometrics.
- Previous relevant academic research or related work experience.
- Proficiency in a statistical programming language, such as Eviews or MATLAB.
- Ability to conceive and develop innovative ideas, independently and often, and bring them to fruition.
- A self-starter— This position is a leadership position, with minimal daily oversight and high expectations.
- A proven record of accomplishment.
- Aptitude for graceful prose that conveys challenging concepts convincingly.
- Ability to work independently or with a team and supervise staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to free-market principles.
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to: email@example.com.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates. While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation