About the Attorney Opening:
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking an Attorney, who is an aggressive and innovative litigator with experience in the federal judiciary for the Center for the American Future. The qualified applicants will possess a strong love of liberty as the foundational purpose of government, and enthusiasm for Texas as the keystone of the American Dream, and an eagerness to challenge precedent and convention within the legal sphere in the defense of both.
The Center for the American Future is the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s litigation-based endeavor for the advancement of Tenth Amendment principles through opposition to federal abuse and overreach in the subject matter areas of environmental, private property, and business autonomy rights.
TPPF prefers that the attorneys be based in their Austin, TX office but will consider exceptional candidates for remote work. Virtual attorneys will be expected to engage in occasional travel to Austin.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The candidate will both report to the Center’s Director and be called upon to execute the Foundation’s legal work plan. This includes building a robust docket and advancing the Foundation’s strategic priorities. The Attorney will be an active participant in complex litigation, including the discovery process, briefs, trials, appellate work, and amicus briefing.
The Attorney for the Center for the American Future must be an extraordinary person with a keen drive to blaze new pathways in the fight to reclaim territory from Washington, D.C. They must have the following qualities:
- A litigator. The Attorney will have 5-7 years of litigation experience with federal trial or appellate litigation experience and experience in the conservative legal movement is preferred. The attorney must both be an aggressive and innovative litigator.
- A self-starter. The attorney must be willing and able to conceive and develop innovative ideas independently and often — and bring them to fruition.
- A writer. The attorney must possess the aptitude for graceful prose that conveys complicated concepts convincingly.
- A strategic thinker. Specifically, the attorney must be a strategic legal thinker, with a Juris Doctor, able to grasp Constitutional law sufficient for handling complex litigation matters and authoring amicus briefs that advance the strategic vision of the Foundation.
- An advocate. The attorney must bring to the table litigation experience in trial and appellate courts, administrative law, policymaking, legislation, and/or media — and a proven record of accomplishment.
- A leader. The attorney must be willing to work with tact and persuasion to assist in assembling a coalition of activists, thinkers, and citizens in several states to challenge Washington, D.C., overreach on several fronts.
- Passionate about TPPF’s mission.
Applicants must be licensed to practice law in Texas, eligible to seek admission by waiver, or commit to pass the Texas Bar Exam within the first year of employment. The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates. The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the attorney who takes the position.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of CAF and your salary requirements
- Two relevant writing samples
- List of 3+ references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation