Senior Analyst, Safe Streets & Second Chances Initiative
Right on Crime – Texas Public Policy Foundation – Washington, DC or Virtual Office
Senior Analyst Opening:
The Safe Streets and Second Chances (S3C) project, whose policy arm is housed with Right on Crime at Texas Public Policy Foundation, is seeking a full-time Senior Analyst to help create criminal justice reform policy and programmatic change across the country that facilitate the reentry of offenders to society by harnessing the power of families, charities, faith-based groups, and communities. This position is located at the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s Washington, D.C., office but candidates outside of Washington, D.C., are encouraged to apply. S3C’s presence and activities are national and heavily focused on the states in which the project has begun policy work, which include Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Indiana, and Ohio. Virtual applicants from these states are preferred.
About Texas Public Policy Foundation & the Safe Streets and Second Chances Initiative:
Millions of American families struggle with the consequences of ineffective criminal justice policies. While American prisons excel at punitive measures, they fail society once individuals are released due to a failure to adequately rehabilitate them.
Housed under TPPF’s Right on Crime Initiative is the Safe Streets and Second Chances project. Safe Streets & Second Chances is an innovative program that takes an evidence-driven approach to the chronic issues of repeat offenders and recidivism, using academic research to craft individualized reentry plans that shift the ultimate measure of success from whether individuals are punished to whether these individuals are improved, rehabilitated, and capable of redemption.
- Attend and conduct meetings with partners, stakeholders, and officials on behalf of Safe Streets & Second Chances to promote the project and related goals and interests
- Develop relationships with partner organizations, elected officials, and individuals to bring them onto project efforts
- Create pathways for agencies to work more effectively together to facilitate the reentry process
- Perform research and produce briefings, papers, and op-eds on topics related, but not limited, to reentry policy, criminal justice, healthcare, and workforce initiatives
- Track, compile, and manage legislative and executive branch efforts in Safe Streets & Second Chances states and federally
- Be willing and able to travel domestically for meetings and events (30%)
- The virtual hire will need to travel to DC for partner meetings about once a month
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in policy analysis and demonstrated ability to comprehend/analyze complex legislative and legal/regulatory issues
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in criminal justice reform operations, services, or policy in a public, private, NGO, or similar organization
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with state cabinets, legislators, diverse stakeholders, and the general public
- Experience with basic software applications such as those in the Microsoft Office suite and project management software
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems, and quickly jump onto urgent matters as they come up; can spot opportunities and jump on them
- Passionate about Texas Public Policy Foundation’s mission and the Right on Crime Initiative’s mission of supporting conservative solutions for reducing crime, restoring victims, reforming offenders, and lowering taxpayer costs
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing the reasons why you are a strong candidate for this position, your interest in Texas Public Policy Foundation’s mission and the Safe Streets & Second Chances initiative, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation