Right on Crime, an initiative of the Texas Public Policy Foundation, is hiring a Development Manager to support and expand its fundraising efforts. The primary goals of the position are to maintain donor relationships, identify and cultivate prospective donors, manage deliverables for a multi-state grants program, and support TPPF’s broader fundraising activities. The Development Manager must have an unparalleled attention to detail, commitment to quality and deadlines, excellent communications skills, and be a team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitating donor relationships with ROC leadership by acting as primary point of contact, scheduling regular meetings, and maintaining intimate knowledge of ROC’s donor portfolio, including all grant deliverables and requirements.
- Acting as a project manager to track progress on ROC grant deliverables and ensure that all requirements are completed prior to deadlines.
- Working with TPPF’s grants team to create grant reports and applications that are accurate and of superior quality.
- Identifying and cultivating potential new ROC donors.
- Acting as a liaison between ROC (including several remote team members) and the TPPF development team to foster inter-departmental collaboration.
- Contributing to TPPF’s broader fundraising efforts as opportunities arise.
- Assisting in other fundraising activities as needed and assigned.
- Two to five years of experience working with donors in a fundraising capacity.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office package, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Publisher, and Excel programs.
- Familiarity with conservative criminal justice reform is helpful but not required.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, assertive personality, and ability to “manage up” to meet project deadlines.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Reliable and dedicated.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Must be able to multi-task and re-arrange priorities when necessary.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, references, and writing sample to:
Jennifer Carter, Director of Talent and Culture
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation