Request for Author — State War Powers
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a researcher and author to draft a paper on the Constitutional war powers of individual states given an Article I, Section 10 declaration of invasion. The Foundation has already researched and published its theory and understanding of invasion under the Constitution’s Article I, Section 10, here:
Please review this research before responding to this posting. The researcher / author will be expected to address questions including, but not necessarily limited to:
- What additional powers accrue to a state under an Article I, Section 10 declaration of invasion that is either affirmed, or not contravened, by the Congress.
- How those powers are bounded by the laws of war.
- How those powers are bounded by Constitutional strictures, especially but not only the Fourteenth Amendment.
- How those powers do or do not differ with regard to citizenship.
- How those powers do or do not differ with regard to territorial jurisdiction, specially U.S. versus non-U.S. soil.
- Thoughts on the proper state agents for the exercise of these powers.
The researcher / author will possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent legal credentials strongly preferred.
- A portfolio of public work, preferably centered upon Constitutional and statutory interpretation.
- A sense of prudential possibility married to an understanding that work like this exists to expand those possibilities.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who takes the position. The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation