The Texas Public Policy Foundation seeks a Policy Analyst for its Think Local Liberty project. ThinkLocal Liberty’s mission is to effect conservative change at the local level in order to promote and defend individual liberty, personal responsibility, and free enterprise.
Over the last few years, liberty-minded conservatives have made great strides to reform liberal local governance and the philosophy that undergirds it. Soon, the 86th Texas Legislature will convene and conservatives will have yet another excellent opportunity to advance much-needed reforms affecting cities, counties, school districts, and special districts. The right candidate for this position will have a passion for conservativism, the ability to articulate his or her beliefs, and the capacity to turn those ideas into action.
This is a true startup opportunity, where the successful applicant will have an opportunity to blaze a trail in Texas and beyond.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Researching, analyzing and making recommendations on public policies affecting cities, counties, school districts, and special districts.
- Effectively communicating policy recommendations to key stakeholders, including: legislators, local elected officials, staff, and media.
- Partnering with the Foundation’s litigation team to file legal briefs and perform research.
- Testifying before the Texas Legislature and other local venues as appropriate.
- Working to build and advance coalitions.
- Attending and/or participating in occasional public speaking engagements. Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. An advanced degree or J.D. is preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, and public presentation skills and policy research.
- Ability to comprehend/analyze complex legislative and regulatory issues.
- Ability to effectively advocate for the Foundation’s principles and recommendations, both in-person as well as online.
- Meaningful experience with, and understanding of, issues affecting cities, counties, and school districts preferred.
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to Gina Van Dyke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation