The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a fundraising professional to play a vital role in the organization’s fundraising efforts in the Greater Houston Texas area. The Major Gifts Officer will work in close collaboration with the development team to expand current fundraising efforts, build strong relationships with donors, solicit, and steward donors effectively.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit research-based think tank in Austin, Texas. Established in 1989, TPPF promotes conservative principles and develops free-market approaches to public policy challenges affecting Texans and all Americans. To achieve its mission, TPPF analyzes complex issues, creates legislative policy solutions, and advocates for those solutions at the Texas Legislature, Congress, and other public forums.
Life at TPPF:
The Foundation offers a unique opportunity to be part of an organization that shapes the future of Texas & beyond through innovative thought leadership. At TPPF, you will have the opportunity to be part of an engaged team whose mission is to create a freer future for all Texans and Americans. We look for individuals who are passionate about advancing conservative public policy and embody servant leadership. With a strong belief in personal responsibility, we trust our people and want to empower them to make the right decisions for the right reasons – this is why it is crucial we bring the right people on board. We value our team and work to cultivate a culture of hard work, entrepreneurship, intellectual curiosity, and collaboration. As a team, we support one another and strive to create an environment in which our team members are inspired to excel, motivated to innovate, and empowered to be servant leaders for the cause of liberty.
The ideal candidate will excel at developing and cultivating relationships with major gift donors. They must be able to communicate TPPF’s mission and share the Foundation’s vision to philanthropists in Texas and across America. This role reports to the Director of Major Gifts and will be based in Houston, TX.
- Develop, cultivate, and secure major gifts for the Foundation’s work
- Manage a portfolio of current donors and prospects
- Play a key support role in cultivating new donors through the Foundation’s outreach efforts, including special donor events
- Perform donor research, including identifying new major prospects
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies (personal visits, correspondence, event participation, etc.)
- Motivate supporters and prospects in an appropriate and timely fashion toward a shared goal to make Texas an even better place, making solicitations when appropriate
- Provide a high level of quality stewardship after a gift
- Ensure that all donor contact is reported in TPPF database
- Make presentations, when needed, to senior management on donor strategies and efforts
- 2+ years of experience in major gift fundraising with a track record of success
- Knowledge of free market donors and national/state network a major plus
- Superb story-telling, writing, oral communication, and debate skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and follow through
- Strong commitment to the principles of personal responsibility and free enterprise
- High attention to detail
- Personable, self-motivated, and professional
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Integrity in managing sensitive and confidential information
- Willing to travel when needed; approximately 20% anticipated
Benefits at TPPF:
TPPF values our team members and strives to provide a comprehensive benefits package so that our people can focus on achieving the mission. We offer competitive salaries and excellent health insurance, for staff & dependents. In addition, we have generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policies, including holidays and parental leave, and retirement contribution matching.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience of the person who takes the position.
To apply, please click the button below, please include a cover letter, resume, and references, in a single document:
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation