The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to support the advocacy of its litigation Center for the American Future. The qualified applicant will possess a strong love of liberty as the foundational purpose of government, an enthusiasm for Texas as the keystone of the American Dream, and an eagerness to support Center efforts to challenge precedent and convention within the legal sphere in the defense of both liberty and federalism.
The Center for the American Future is the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s litigation-based endeavor for the advancement of Tenth Amendment principles through opposition to federal abuse and overreach in the areas of environmental, private property, and business autonomy rights.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the director and attorneys in the execution of the Center’s legal work plan and furtherance of the Center’s mission. This includes case management, calendaring deadlines, filing pleadings, legal drafting and administrative functions relevant to the Center’s operation.
- Support Center attorneys in complex civil litigation and administrative filings, including the discovery process, briefs, trials, appellate work, and amicus briefing.
- Draft pleadings and discovery; summarize depositions and monitor client files, including filing deadlines.
- Locate relevant documents and research; administer docketing and e-filings, scheduling, coordinating and confirming court dates, appointments, and meetings, billable hours; understand the basics of a number of court documents, such as summons and subpoenas.
- Execute Center administrative processes, such as attorney court admissions, budget tracking, purchase requests, travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and reserving conference rooms, maintaining paper case files, updating Center social media and website, managing Center email blasts and saving all documents, email, and media to the appropriate server file.
- Work independently and communicate effectively with all Foundation staff, most importantly Center attorneys regarding client communications, filed case documents, and deadlines.
The Litigation Paralegal for the Center for the American Future must be an extraordinary person with a keen drive to blaze new pathways in the fight to reclaim territory from Washington, D.C. He or she must have the following qualities:
- 5+ years of experience as paralegal with civil litigation matters.
- A self-starter. The Litigation Paralegal must be willing and able to further project assignments independently and often – and bring them to fruition.
- Detail-oriented and possessing strong communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Word and Excel.
- Proficient in the federal PACER -filing and Texas e-filing systems.
- Highly organized. The Litigation Paralegal has responsibility for calendaring deadlines and for file management.
- This position is located in Austin, Texas, at TPPF’s office at 901 Congress Avenue.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the Litigation Paralegal who takes the position. Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references to:
Jennifer Carter, Director of Talent & Culture
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation