The Texas Public Policy Foundation is searching for veterans of the Texas Legislature who are seeking an opportunity to develop policy expertise, before returning to the Capitol for the 88th Texas Legislature.
The TPPF Legislative Fellows will work at the Foundation as full-time employees, engaging in three distinct policy areas of their preference during the interim. The program gives quality legislative staff an opportunity to continue working in policy during the interim, returning to the Capitol with increased experience and expertise, and ready for a leadership role in a legislative office.
A limited number of Fellowships are available.
- Effectively communicating the Foundation’s policy recommendations to key stakeholders, including legislators, their staff, and the media
- Researching, analyzing, and making recommendations on the Foundation’s policy issues
- Writing policy briefs, research papers, commentaries, and testimonies
- Organizing various policy events/activities designed to educate policymakers, stakeholders, the media, and the general public
- Has worked as full-time staff member for at least one Texas legislative session
- Less than five years of experience in legislative career
- Willing to commit to working full-time at TPPF between sessions (accommodations for special sessions will be considered)
- A desire to return to the Capitol for continued legislative work next session
- Ability to effectively research and advocate the Foundation’s conservative free-market principles and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate studies helpful
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and public presentation skills
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with legislators, media, stakeholders, and the general public is helpful
How to Apply – Applications due by May 7, 2021.
Applications for our program should include a cover letter explaining your desire to continue working on Texas policy, your résumé, salary requirements, and a work example such as a writing sample. Submit your application as a single PDF file via email to Jennifer Carter, Director of Talent and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation