The Texas Public Policy Foundation is searching for candidates who have worked at least one legislative session and would like the opportunity to grow in their policy expertise before returning to the Capitol for the 87thLegislative Session.
Legislative Fellows will work at the Texas Public Policy Foundation on a full-time, salaried basis (plus benefits) and rotate among three different policy centers during the interim. The goal of the Legislative Fellows program is to give quality legislative staff an opportunity to continue working in the policy world during the interim and return to the Capitol with increased experience and expertise, ready for a leadership role in a legislative office.
This is the inaugural class of Legislative Fellows and there are a limited number of positions available.
- Has worked as full-time staff member for at least one session
- Less than five years of experience in legislative career
- Willing to commit to working full-time at TPPF between sessions (accommodations for special sessions will be considered)
- A desire to return to the Capitol for continued legislative work next session
- Must be available for an in-person interview at TPPF
How to Apply – Applications due by April 30.
Applications for our program should include a cover letter explaining your desire to continue working on Texas policy, your résumé, and a work example such as a writing sample. Submit your application as a single PDF file via email to email@example.com.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation