The Texas Public Policy Foundation’s Center for Innovation in Education is looking for a motivated attorney with exceptional interpersonal, research, and communication skills. This position will be charged with researching and advocating for higher-education reforms on the federal level that will greatly impact the performance and quality of higher education here in Texas. The position will report directly to the director of the Center for Innovation in Education and is located in Washington, D.C.
- Coordinating with stakeholders and researching relevant issues related to higher-education matters, especially, reauthorization of the Higher Education Act
- Developing strategies to reform federal, higher-education policy.
- Building relationships with the relevant actors based on trust
- Preparing academic quality research and analysis accurately and in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Commitment to abiding by local, state, and federal laws and behaving ethically
- Ability to work independently or with a team to develop reform strategies
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, public speaking skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing
- Adaptability and attention to detail
- Active license to practice law in any state.
- Experience or expertise in federal higher-education policy.
- Experience or expertise in the federal rulemaking process.
- Commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to Gina Van Dyke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation