The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a highly skilled and organized individual to fill the role of executive assistant.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit research-based think tank in Austin, Texas. Established in 1989, TPPF promotes conservative principles and develops free-market approaches to public policy challenges affecting Texans and all Americans. To achieve its mission, TPPF analyzes complex issues, creates legislative policy solutions, and advocates for those solutions at the Texas Legislature, Congress, and other public forums.
Life at TPPF:
The Foundation offers a unique opportunity to be part of an organization that shapes the future of Texas & beyond through innovative thought leadership. At TPPF, you will have the opportunity to be part of an engaged team whose mission is to create a freer future for all Texans and Americans. We look for individuals who are passionate about advancing conservative public policy and embody servant leadership. With a strong belief in personal responsibility, we trust our people and want to empower them to make the right decisions for the right reasons – this is why it is crucial we bring the right people on board. We value our team and work to cultivate a culture of hard work, entrepreneurship, intellectual curiosity, and collaboration. As a team, we support one another and strive to create an environment in which our team members are inspired to excel, motivated to innovate, and empowered to be servant leaders for the cause of liberty.
As an integral member of our team, the executive assistant will provide support to both the CEO and Executive Director in their efforts to guide the Foundation as we shape policy and legislation that affects the state of Texas. This is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, where the executive assistant will play an essential role in ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of our leaders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage daily schedules and calendars for both the CEO and Executive Director, including arranging meetings, conference calls, travel itineraries, and other appointments.
- Monitor emails, phone calls, and mail correspondence on behalf of the CEO and Executive Director, ensuring timely responses and proper follow-up actions.
- Prepare concise and informative briefs for the CEO and Executive Director on relevant policy issues, meetings, events, and other matters as needed.
- Coordinate with various departments within the Foundation to gather information and assist in project management tasks for ongoing initiatives.
- Conduct research and compile data on key policy topics as directed by the CEO and Executive Director.
- Handle confidential information with discretion and maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- 0-3 years of experience as an executive assistant, preferably in a non-profit or political environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft professional correspondence and reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and other relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of policy issues affecting the state of Texas is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, while also functioning well in a team setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is a plus.
Benefits at TPPF:
TPPF values our team members and strives to provide a comprehensive benefits package so that our people can focus on achieving the mission. We offer competitive salaries and excellent health insurance, for staff & dependents. In addition, we have generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policies, including holidays and parental leave, and retirement contribution matching.
To apply, please click the button below, please include a cover letter, resume, references, and writing sample in a single document:
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation