The Texas Public Policy Foundation is hiring an Events Assistant to support the Foundation’s events. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the events team on logistics, planning, and final event execution, and it requires coordination between staff, volunteers, and venues. They will work closely with the Vice President of Events, Events Director, and Events Manager to carry out detailed event plans and support the overall success of the Texas Public Policy Foundation. The Events Assistant must have a fierce commitment to quality, attention to detail, excellent people skills, and a team-player attitude.
The Events Assistant’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to over 100 annual events such as policy primers, donor meetings, lunches, fundraising dinners, and multi-day conferences
- Working closely with the Events Team to coordinate budgetary, marketing, and logistical requirements for events
- Distribution of Foundation and event materials to attendees
- Working closely with the Events Team to create event websites, electronic invitations, manage RSVP’s, produce pre and post event emails to attendees, and inputting attendee information into a customer relationship management (CRM) database
- Assist in other events activities as needed and assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High interest in creating or further developing a career in events and learning key skills from event professionals
- Strong sense of customer service
- Great attention to detail
- Previous experience in supporting or coordinating events (school, church, or non-profit) is helpful
- High energy level and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Good organization skills and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language and writing/editing ability
- Experience using Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) in required
- Experience in CRM databases (especially Raisers Edge) is helpful
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and must be able to multi-task and re-arrange priorities when necessary
- A personal commitment to the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references to:
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who takes the position. The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation