The Texas Public Policy Foundation is hiring a Donor Relations Associate to support our fundraising efforts. The primary goals of the position are to support the Foundation’s fundraising activities by communicating with our broadbase donors and cultivating new donors through digital and direct mail communications.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit research-based think tank in Austin, Texas. Established in 1989, TPPF promotes conservative principles and develops free-market approaches to public policy challenges affecting Texans and all Americans. To achieve its mission, TPPF analyzes complex issues, creates legislative policy solutions, and advocates for those solutions at the Texas Legislature, Congress, and other public forums.
Life at TPPF:
The Foundation offers a unique opportunity to be part of an organization that shapes the future of Texas & beyond through innovative thought leadership. At TPPF, you will have the opportunity to be part of an engaged team whose mission is to create a freer future for all Texans and Americans. We look for individuals who are passionate about advancing conservative public policy and embody servant leadership. With a strong belief in personal responsibility, we trust our people and want to empower them to make the right decisions for the right reasons – this is why it is crucial we bring the right people on board. We value our team and work to cultivate a culture of hard work, entrepreneurship, intellectual curiosity, and collaboration. As a team, we support one another and strive to create an environment in which our team members are inspired to excel, motivated to innovate, and empowered to be servant leaders for the cause of liberty.
The ideal candidate will be someone with previous experience in mass fundraising and digital campaigns, excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and a customer service mindset. This position offers a unique opportunity to learn and apply principles of fundraising and marketing. Qualified candidates must be able to manage multiple stakeholders and meet numerous deadlines concurrently.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strategic oversight of the Foundation’s monthly giving program, including but not limited to: mailing periodic communications, promptly responding to member inquiries and requests, regularly re-acquiring lapsed donors, and assisting in marketing campaigns to acquire new members.
- Retaining new donors and cultivating lasting relationships through personal expressions of gratitude, including thank you phone calls and letters.
- Lead and oversee impactful major donor stewardship initiatives, which involve orchestrating special gift mailings and ensuring priority communications are seamlessly executed.
- Leverage skills in donor database management and proficiency with multiple software programs to meticulously record gifts and pledges, curate targeted mailing lists, and ensure the accuracy of donor information.
- Support the daily processing of Foundation donations and mailing projects.
- Utilize various software tools to build landing pages and compelling emails, playing a crucial role in the success of solicitation campaigns.
- Help with other fundraising activities as needed and assigned.
- Positive and professional demeanor and high level of customer service.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills for data processing.
- Ability to focus and prioritize deadlines demonstrating flexibility when needed.
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Trustworthiness, discretion, and confidentiality.
- A personal commitment to the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise.
- Experience using basic Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Prior experience in digital and/or direct mail fundraising and marketing.
- Familiarity with email and website software such as HubSpot and WordPress a plus.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Databases (CRM).
Benefits at TPPF:
TPPF values our team members and strives to provide a comprehensive benefits package so that our people can focus on achieving the mission. We offer competitive salaries and excellent health insurance, for staff & dependents. In addition, we have generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policies, including holidays and parental leave, and retirement contribution matching.
To apply, please click the button below, please include a cover letter, resume, references, and writing sample in a single document:
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation