The Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) seeking to hire a Director of Research and Publications to oversee the research publication process, coordinating both the planning and production of the Foundation’s research publications, and editing the publications as well as coordinating the internal peer-review process.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit research-based think tank in Austin, Texas. Established in 1989, TPPF promotes conservative principles and develops free-market approaches to public policy challenges affecting Texans and all Americans. To achieve its mission, TPPF analyzes complex issues, creates legislative policy solutions, and advocates for those solutions at the Texas Legislature, Congress, and other public forums.
Life at TPPF:
The Foundation offers a unique opportunity to be part of an organization that shapes the future of Texas & beyond through innovative thought leadership. At TPPF, you will have the opportunity to be part of an engaged team whose mission is to create a freer future for all Texans and Americans. We look for individuals who are passionate about advancing conservative public policy and embody servant leadership. With a strong belief in personal responsibility, we trust our people and want to empower them to make the right decisions for the right reasons – this is why it is crucial we bring the right people on board. We value our team and work to cultivate a culture of hard work, entrepreneurship, intellectual curiosity, and collaboration. As a team, we support one another and strive to create an environment in which our team members are inspired to excel, motivated to innovate, and empowered to be servant leaders for the cause of liberty.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of education and work experience in the public policy research publication process, a mastery of grammar, style, and voice, as well as a mastery of APA Style for citations. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of the philosophy underlying the Foundation’s principles of liberty, personal responsibility, and free enterprise, and of how a free market functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with campaign and policy directors, as well as leadership, to plan the research schedule
- Liaising with campaigns to help manage deadlines for research papers, and coordinating with the communications and development departments to ensure on-time delivery of publications
- Overseeing the internal peer-review process for all research publications
- Editing each research paper for accuracy, content, alignment with the Foundation’s principles, as well as grammar, style, and voice
- Ensuring that each paper is following APA Style for citations and the Foundation’s Writer’s Guide
- Communicating and explaining the research review process and the Foundation’s style guide to new hires
- Overseeing the layout process, ensuring final drafts are free of errors
- Editing other Foundation documents as necessary
- Supporting other work of the Foundation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel and to prioritize to deliver
- Excellent research, writing, and communications skills
- Excellent grammar and style skills
- Proficiency in APA Style a must; knowledge of AP Style and Chicago Manual of Style a plus
- Ability to apply the Foundation’s principles to different policy areas
- Understanding of the Texas state legislative process a plus
Benefits at TPPF:
TPPF values our team members and strives to provide a comprehensive benefits package so that our people can focus on achieving the mission. We offer competitive salaries and excellent health insurance, for staff & dependents. In addition, we have generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policies, including holidays and parental leave, and retirement contribution matching.
To apply, please click the button below, please include a cover letter, resume, references, and writing sample in a single document:
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation