The Texas Public Policy Foundation seeks a Director of Media Relations to oversee the Foundation’s communications, public relations, earned media, and brand reputation efforts. This position will work across all departments and lead TPPF’s media relations efforts focusing on crafting compelling media narratives, building relationships with reporters across mediums, and marketing the Foundation’s commentary website TheCannonOnline.com. The ideal candidate will be flexible, entrepreneurial, positive, possess a high degree of personal accountability, and be mission-focused. This position will report to TPPF’s Chief Communications Officer.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Lead media relations efforts including but not limited to:
– Book TPPF experts for earned media
– Draft, edit, and distribute press releases
– Place opinion pieces in local, statewide, and national media outlets
– Pitch stories to local, state, and national reporters
– Build and maintain relationships with reporters across issue areas
- Spearhead multi-channel public relations campaigns that align speaking opportunities, news coverage, proactive and reactive media relations, commentary articles, press events, and other communications efforts toward advancing TPPF’s mission
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure consistent communication and marketing across the Foundation
- Assist with the administration of TPPF websites
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field preferred
- PR/communications experience
- Ability to manage projects, organize and complete complex tasks, prioritize multiple assignments based on sound judgment and objectivity, and deliver high-quality work on a consistent basis
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references to:
Jennifer Carter, Director of Talent and Culture
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who takes the position. The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation